guns n roses?

Rooz
Rooz
08/01/2005 4:30 pm
Basically all anyone needs to knwo is that Slash is GOD! Everythign he's done has been exquisite, both slash's snakepit albums had its moments, and also the blues ball wasnt bad at all. He is the last guitar legend. Noone has been better than him since the "Live Era" and i doubt many will.

So the answer to your questions is NO. Guns N Roses is nothign without Slash or Izzy (explains the spaghetti incident). Axl will continue living in a daze and beleive that he is GnR but we, the true fans know that he aint [I didn't read the rule about bypassing the language filter]. I dont think any band will ever amount to GnR of the early 90s, whoever you put in.

Before Bucket head Axl wanted Dave Navaro from the chilis and Janes addiction. Hes just tried to brign in some big names. Aint gonna work. I liked one song from the demos for Chinese Democracy, i think it was madagasca, havent listen to it in ages tho.
# 1
sigment frued
sigment frued
08/09/2005 10:09 pm
does anyone know where i can download a new g n r song?
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 2
dakine80
dakine80
08/10/2005 1:13 am
Originally Posted by: sigment frueddoes anyone know where i can download a new g n r song?

Go to Rhapsody.com, they give 25 free plays and time to check out what they have. I thought the price was right so I joined.

By the way, am I the only one that thinks that the "Use Your Illusions" were better than Appitite?
Just listening to songs like "Estranged" makes me realize what GNR was capable of at the time. Most songs that long usually have long interludes of weird noises or something for a while, but Estranged is just great music for 9 1/2 minutes. In my opinion, it was a group of excellent musicians in their prime, at their best and they all complimented each other. I don't think that Axl can top that, especially by himself. Not with Buckethead, Navarro, Wylde, Van Halen(that would be interesting though,) or anybody else.

I hope he proves me wrong, but it will take a miracle.
# 3
AximA
AximA
08/10/2005 8:04 am
Ive Never heard anything from buckethead and im curious... :confused:

What is a song of his i can download that shows of his guitar skills?
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/10/2005 1:17 pm
Originally Posted by: AximAIve Never heard anything from buckethead and im curious... :confused:

My favorite Buckethead song is 'Binge and Grab'. You should try and get that one if you can. It's one of my favorite songs period.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
dakine80
dakine80
08/10/2005 9:56 pm
Originally Posted by: AximAIve Never heard anything from buckethead and im curious... :confused:

Also try "Nun Chuka Kata". If you've never heard him before, he'll blow your mind if your into virtouso stuff.
# 6
Fretfire
Fretfire
08/16/2005 11:19 am
I can say that Guns is the band who really established the mainstream shred genre, thanks to them. I just feel sad grunge overcame them. but I hope there will be new bands who will stand out and bring the Shred revolution back just like GNR did last decade.

Sweet Child O mine will someday replace Stairway to Heaven by LEd Zep as the most popular solo ever.

Slash for me is the most soulful guitarist in the early nineties, combining his vintage influenced chops, blues licks with glam rock sensibilities. Buckethead is also awesome. He is faster and more technically advanced than Slash, but he lacks the feel and vibrato Slash provides and possess. Anyway I like both of them, they have different approach to guitar playing.

Do you know that Slash once auditioned for Poison in the mid eighties for the guitarist position that C.C.DeVille eventually filled. 3 extra anecdotes and gossips appear why he was rejected.

1) one claims that Slash refused to join because he didn't want to do all the hair and makeup,

2) the other says he was rejected for not being pretty enough!

3) Brett Michaels dont find him good enough and lacks showmanship. ( Like jumping up and down the stage which C.C does. )

After C.C left the band, maybe Poison regrets their decision for not taking Slash.They cant hire him any more because GNR is already more famous than them at that time. Instead they hired Ritchie Kotzen. : :eek:
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.