View post (I need help in identifying a guitar)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/13/2006 5:39 am
right, so I go over to this friend of mine's house today. I've known this dude for quite a while, but yet I've never been to his house. so anyways, we're in his room, and I see he's got this guitar. I'm like "dude, I didn't know you played guitar" he's like "I don't, my uncle gave that to me, but I never learned" so, I'm like, alright, cool. I pick it up, strum a chord.. it's seriously out of tune, action is high, trem isn't level, it's extremely dusty... all in all, the guitar is in terrible shape, it needs some definite TLC. so I'm like "hey, I'll buy this off you" and then I offered him $100 cash on the spot. he said no because he didn't know how much the guitar was worth, so I said I try and research and see if I could find out what it's worth. here's the best description I can give you:
Jackson shaped headstock, though there was no graphics or decals on the headstock at all.
24-fret maple fretboard
floyd rose trem
2 pickups, a bridge humbucker, and a neck single coil that is slanted (like the bridge position pickup of a strat)
strat body style
the guitar is apparently from the 70's or 80's
bolt on neck
the neck pocket says "charvel" and with little words under that says "by jackson" or something like that
only one knob, a volume knob
3 way pickup switch

that's about all I can tell you. so does anyone think they can help me identify and help put a price tag on it's worth? thanks
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace