View post (Alice in chains is better than nirvana)

View thread

alucard0941
alucard0941
08/08/2006 6:05 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanTo comment on what acapella said about people disliking Nirvana because everyone likes him. I think that's true to an extent. Most people that like technical bands like Dream Theatre, for example, dislike Nirvana. Mosyl becaue subconsiously they can't understand why a band like Nirvana and a simplistic style of music like grunge could be so popular where as a great band like Dream Theatre is largely a cult favorite without mass popularity.

Couldnt of said it better. Honestly, I dislike both bands, but thats besides the point. It occurs to me now that the people like you mentioned, only like music for because of its technical side. They examine music as if it were a science and dont really listen to the song. Whether Nirvana had good or bad songs is totally subjective, but if anyone hates Nirvana because of their lack of technical ability but acknowledges their songwritting skills, then they dont truly understand music. You cant judge the quality of music on how fast, or how sophisticated it is. It then appeals too much to the brain and not enough to the heart.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!