View post (Da Bears)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
10/18/2006 11:41 am
I'd agree that the Bears didn't play the best game... and in all reality they'll lose atleast one game this season... This isn't the same the same league that the '76 Dolphins played in... The talent is a lot more spread out.

But... To defend the Bears... I don't think anyone can say that the Cardinals gave the Bears that game. Not even in the least... Sure, they missed 2 field goals... That's life... The fact of the matter is that Arizona played 3 and a half quarters of decent football and the Bears played 3 and half quarters of bad football. If Rex Grossman doesn't combine to tally 6 turnovers all by himself the Bears romp on the Cards just like everyone expected. If anything.... the Cards didn't give the Bears the game... The Bears let the Cards have the game... then took it back at the end... and you can't deny that. Would everyone be so excited about this game if the offense got the 3 touchdowns that it needed?? No... not in the least... the fact that this defense, the best in the league, and the special teams produced points and shut down the Cards when they had to. And to the credit of Arizona... the Cardinals are not as nearly bad as their record shows. I think with Leinart in the drivers seat and the recieving corpes that they have, and with Edge... things are only going to get better.

In order for a team to beat the bears... they're going to have to score more than 23 points.... period.... If they can't do that... they will lose and it was proven on Monday night. The Bears may not win the Super Bowl, but they'll be in the playoffs and they'll be the team to beat. Especially if they have home field advantage in the playoffs.