View post (I have a deformed finger trying barre chords)

View thread

Lycaean
Lycaean
12/18/2010 11:51 pm
Hi, Johnny,
I emphatize with your problem! But, most importantly, I admire your positive thinking about it by trying to do whatever you can to overcome the problem. Truth is, we're on the same boat! I have a problem with my left Index finger and we know how important that finger is to learn to play the guitar. It's crooked and I am having the utmost difficulty fretting F major and B major chords. And that's only the beginning because I wonder how I would be able to do the "barre chords"
However, I remember someone said: "If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else". That said, I also remember another person saying: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do". So, like you, I am having a positive thinking that however, difficult it is, I will try my best to get around with my difficulty.
In addition to Def Leppard's drummer who overcome his difficulty, let's not forget about Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. They're both blind but their musical talents and contributions to the music world is unmatched. Ray learned to play piano, etc., and earned millions of dollars as a singer songwriter. Stevie also learned to play piano, write songs and sing, thus making millions of dollars.
But our goal is not like theirs! We just would like to learn how to play the guitar and enjoy life as it is meant to be, right?
Happy guitar playing!!!