View post (Relearning After 35 Year Break !!)

View thread

JosieNurse
JosieNurse
09/08/2012 9:08 pm
Hi John and Marci

Good to hear from you. Nice to know I have so much company working at my level and trying to "get there" or to "get back there" !!!

Just wondering, did you guys investigate any other online classes. I did lots of research on guitar lessons before deciding on Guitar Tricks. FYI, I also joined JamPlay. While it is LOADED with good info and teachers and help and everything ...... I just didn't like the format of it. I found the opportunity to choose from "many" teachers on a given subject was confusing and frustrating. Found myself looking at teachers and teaching styles more often than advancing through the lessons. Also, the lessons don't seem to have as good a "Plan" on how to progress and are way too long. It also drove me crazy the way each class wasted 2-3 minutes at the start with an instructior "playing/demonstrating" something on the guitar that was related to "something" about to be taught. I wanna get into the lesson not listen to somebody else play until the lesson is over. I have cancelled my JamPlay membership.

I found another Free Lessons site called "Guitar for Beginners and Beyond." The instructor, Kirk Lorange was very very good and clear on some of the basics but didn't have anywhere near the variety of lessons or topics as GT. He was ultimately selling an advanced course on knowing the fretboard called PlaneTalk. While this sounds very interesting, I am NOWHERE near studying anything like that. Plus, I just started the Intermediate Core Lessons and it seems that this subject may be covered very well in this area.

Keep in touch
JosieNurse[FONT=Arial Black]JosieNurse[/FONT]JosieNurseJosieNurse