View post (Relearning After 35 Year Break !!)

View thread

duck7264
duck7264
09/16/2012 3:40 pm
Hi Josie,

I to am "bringing back memories" Started about 35 years ago with private lessons at a notable music shop in Cols. OH. Week in and week out it was " what song do you want to learn this week" I learned absolutley nothing about theory, mechanics, how to optimize my gear, just some open chords, barre chords and how to play some tunes. I am 48 years old now, have had 2 private instructors in the last year (Both were good, learned something from each one) and here I am at GT. There is something on this site for everyone!
I can have a guitar lesson every night of the week, in fact, I do. I don't have to drive 15 miles one way to get there. The cost, well, lets just say it is a FRACTION of what private instruction was. I have learned SO MUCH in the last 2 months it blows my mind. I still have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go, but, I can see such a difference in my playing. I started at the very begining. I found I knew some of it but watched the tutorials anyway and guess what?? There was alot I did NOT know. One thing I am reallly hooked on here at GT are the tools they offer. The chord finder, the backing tracks are amazing. I have found ( for myself anyway) that playing to a backing track can make a world of difference in keeping time. It has helped me so much. Well anyway, Welcome and I urge you to utilize this great site and the tools it offers. The instructors are all very knowledgable and will answer your questions. Rock on!