View post (Skills to Becoming a Better Guitarist)

View thread

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
07/02/2013 12:14 pm
I am glad I am not alone. I try and learn something new everyday but then I get jamming and that idea goes out the window. You have to have a certain amount of discipline!. But here's where the no fun part comes into the picture. It brings me back to my school days and then I just go blank. I have been reading all your articles and I would hope you post here or PM me and tell me your history, Do you play? How long have you been at it? What would you have done differently? I am retired and I need to start some where. My mind is in the "CRS" mode. I have to play lead notes over and over to get it down, and then I have to get the timing down. My hands are suffering from RA, so I do what I can. There is going to be a day that I cannot play any more, maybe I will just read about music at that time. I really enjoy your articles. I get like a high from reading them. You have to be a good person to write such nice and informative things down on paper. I will continue to read all your articles, as I enjoy them very much. I have been on Guitar tricks for some time now and never knew of your writings. I think Guitar tricks needs to put a subject on line for you and the rest of new guitar players coming up through the ranks. And yes I remember the Melbay books. I guess they are still being printed. I got through book one and part of book 2, Then I thought I was going to be a rock star, joined a group and the rest was lots of history with fun attached, Have a nice 4th of July............Pete
For What It's Worth