View post (Future Of A Guitarist???)

View thread

GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
05/25/2013 5:59 am
I am not as good at guitar as I used to be but I want it back after 30 years off. However, I am not pursuing fame and fortune. To get to the point, this time I am only playing in church so that gives you an idea where I come from (now).

All our little victories are the same. I try like heck to accomplish every little riff or pick pattern. Like everybody else, I see other guys play (GALS too, right?) and smoke me and I want to play like them...but when I can, I'll want to play even better. This is an infinite skills set we embark on here. Play your music to please others and watch how much that pleases you. I don't mean make yourself a rock star, but be a humble artist and paint beautiful, clean artful music. There is so much pleasure in this. However, being Dave Mustaine...while it still fits the model that he's better than most and we want to be him...I don't really think we want to be him. I wanna be good today and a bit better tomorrow, every day.

Oh and church...a great and forgiving venue...seriously. Nobody really knows when you screw up...enjoy