View post (The Seventies: Rock's Classic Age)

View thread

maggior
maggior
06/05/2013 12:42 am
Originally Posted by: wildwoman1313Do you still have any of those old posters, Maggior? Namely, the Rush poster. I had a poster of the Frampton Comes Alive album cover hanging on the ceiling over my bed. It was a promo poster I talked National Record Mart into giving me out of their storefront window. It was huge! Wish I’d have kept it like I did some of the band merch from that time. Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond… Yeah. P.S. My son is a Pink Floyd fanatic! Love that your daughter knows "Stairway."

I have a bunch of stuff in a closet at the house I grew up in, including my old posters. Hopefully they didn't get crushed. Some old mix tapes are there in a shoebox too - that would be a blast from the past. The Rush poster was from the Moving Pictures tour - just outside the 70's we are talking about.

That promo poster have have looked gigantic in your room. "Do You Feel Like We Do" is still a classic!

Good parenting that your son is a Floyd fanatic! My kids are still a little young for Pink Floyd. Zeppelin isn't exactly kiddie music, but it's not as dark and moody. The day will come though...