View post (Insurance for your instruments)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/02/2013 1:11 am
Originally Posted by: Jpin109im pretty sure when it comes to instruments it would be a good idea to list all your make and model instrument/ gear serial numbers maybe with pictures to your insurance company just in case of the inevitable. I mean hell if homeowners insurance will automatically cover everything in case of fire , theft , flood etc ... then anyone can say they had 10 Gibson Les Paul models worth 4k+ each.

Guys, this is important... Flood damage is generally *not covered* by standard home owners insurance policies. The same goes for renters insurance.

Put another way, "One lesson that many people learn the hard way is that homeowner’s policies do not cover damages caused by flooding. The standard policy does not pay for damage caused by floods; water on the surface of the ground, waves, tides, overflows of bodies of water; or water spray whether the wind drives it or not. It also will not pay for damage caused by water or floating debris that backs up into the home through sewers or drains or which overflows or discharges from a sump or sump pump." http://www.independentinsuranceassociates.com/our-blog/water-damage-flooding-homeowners-policy/

This applies to all household contents, even four thousand dollar Les Pauls.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins