View post (New Student)

View thread

ricka47
ricka47
09/16/2013 12:12 pm
I started taking guitar lessons when I was about 13 (I was born in 1950) and played until I was in about my second year of college. I was in a band but, like many garage bands back then, as long as you could play three chords (E-D-A), you were in! So, while I did take some classical lessons, I never really worked very hard and didn't practice much.

Fast forward many years and I started playing the drums at age 60. But, my daughter just went away to college and left behind her Yamaha acoustic guitar that she didn't play. Now, I find myself getting back into the guitar after all of these years and making use of the great online sources for lessons that did not exist years ago.

Of course, after playing her acoustic for a while, I was struck with GAS and just got a Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute and a Vox Valvetronix amp. It sure beats the old Harmony Bobkat electric and Silvertone 1484 twin 12" 100 watt amp that I had many years ago. (Although, I have found that the old Silvertone 1484 is quite a collectors item now and is sold for $750 to $1000!)

Rick Abshier[br]___________________________

Fender HSS MIM Stratocaster

Schecter Stiletto-5 Session Bass