View post (How to come up with great lyrics?)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
11/14/2013 8:36 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorThat's awesome!!! I bet it was satisfying!! I really look forward to hearing what you came up with. Sounds like you are really coming along.

I wouldn't quite say I came up with it. The basic idea for the intro-riff just came to me while I sat down, and without having to think of it, the lyrics for the first line came to me, and as I started writing down, the rest just followed.

I'll begin the recording tomorrow, hopefully, and if things go according to plan, I'll have a "Demo"-version of it ready some time next week. I'll most likely spend some time trying to set up my amp to work as an Audio Interface for whatever electric guitar I choose to use for the song... and after that, I'll need have to record it a few times so it sounds as good as possible. And that's after possibly having a chance to play the song for the family and some guests who're coming over this weekend...

Honestly, I have no idea if it's gonna sound as cool as it does in my head... The "Main Riff" is pretty simple, and sounds pretty damn awesome regardless of which of my guitars I use, somehow manages to sound a bit like Ratt, Motley Crue and Poison (which I consider to be a good thing, since I love their style). It's gonna be pretty cool to see how this song turns out... Improvising a solo will probably be a bigger challenge, due to speed being one of my biggest obstacles, and it's pretty hard to play a happy-sounding 80's Hair Metal-solo if I can't play fast, although Mick Mars of Motley Crue somehow manages to do so quite well on "Girls, Girls, Girls" (technically, it's pretty fast, but it has lots of notes played several times in a row) and "Kickstart My Heart", for example, and Slash did a pretty good job on the two interludes on "Sweet Child O' Mine", so it should be possible for me to pull it off as well.

And to think I was almost willing to just give up and sell my guitar 9 months ago, yet now I'm working on my first songs... I almost feel like a real Rock-musician now!
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...