View post (How to come up with great lyrics?)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
11/15/2013 6:13 am
Originally Posted by: maggiorA lot of it is attitude! Take a technically simple riff and you can make awesome by just playing it with some attitude.

It would have been a real shame if you had given up 9 months ago - glad you stuck with it!

Enjoy laying down your demo. Recording is a lot of fun.

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what you mean with playing with attitude. If you wouldn't mind elaborating it, that would be nice.

I'm really glad that I didn't quit either of the two times I've hit a plateau. First time was 9 months ago which took me almost a month before I got past, the other time was a few weeks ago, where I was stuck playing the same things over and over. That took me half a week before I was moving forward again (except instead of complaining about being on a plateau, I just watched some tutorials and learned how to play Suspended Chords, because they're very used in the music I listen to the most).

I've honestly never tried recording before. I've got a pretty advanced piece of recording software, that I got with my amp, but maybe I should consider trying Garageband for the Demo. As far as I've understood, it will let me add pre-recorded Drum and Bass tracks, which would be very useful. And if it doesn't let me add those tracks, I'll just have to make the Demo Guitar-only. Either way, the pre-production starts today!
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...