View post (A good guitar site)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/19/2014 2:51 pm
There's a difference between 'competitive' and 'competitor', IMO.

I have yet to find other sites that are truly competitive with Guitar Tricks. In my view, no other site offers the range, detail, accuracy, etc., that is found on GT and none surpass GT's teaching method and organization/lesson plans. Talk about 'good value for money!!' That is why I strongly support GT and why I'm a multi-year full access GT member. There are other sites that are competitors but I don't think they are truly competitive. YMMV. :)

But one should always seek multiple sources of information and freely share those sources. Better/deeper understanding of any guitar/music/song subject can be had by supplementing the wealth of training found on GT. My favorite is justinguitar.com which is supported by contributions. It doesn't present the detail GT does, particularly the song lessons, but it has been very helpful and informative for me. To a lessor degree, so are some other sites and YouTube channels.

I think this thread is useful for identifying such sites. I'm hopeful that posting those links will continue. I know that GT has nothing to fear from that.

IMNSHO. :)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins