View post (weed)

View thread

JOMJ
JOMJ
01/13/2021 1:35 pm

As somebody who smoked some goodddd weed when I was younger and making hiphop music performing on stage for 1000s of people and being in the studio almost every day for 10 hours or more.... I would say: Don't go in that direction.

It might help you relax but I would not rely on it. That's the bad idea about it. If you need to rely on weed to get relaxed so you can do something, you are on a slippery slope to becoming addicted to it.

Also, with that much time in studios etc I have never come across somebody (including myself) who performed better because of weed. He/she might not perform worse because of it but not better. You might even become worse because with weed you can also get paranonia. For example, white widow was a typical weed that could make people paranoid. I remember many times in the studio I could not perform because there were people I did not know and I smoked to much. So the opposite of relaxed will happen and you energy will be tense. Recording the stuff all over a day after was almost always the conclusion.

Now, to recreational smoke a bit of weed once in a while to just relax, watch a movie, listen to some music... chilling with buddies.. I never saw that as much worse than drinking a wine or drinking a beer.

But again I would not recommend drinking to achieve something (like performing so you are more relaxed). Same slippery slope.

But what do I know. I am not 67+ and only people above a certain age can be wise :)

"You find a lot of people these days who cannot stand to be alone. You could lock me up in solitary for weeks on end, and I'd keep myself amused."