View post (weed)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/17/2021 12:25 am

I partake. (Legal in Maine) I use it primarily for spiritual journeying, meditation, etc. but also sometimes for writing.

I haven't noticed it makes a difference one way or another in terms of physical coordination - in fact, I'm always surprised at how little difference it makes and how precise my motor skills are (within reason -- I never get so high as to lose capacity, that's not my bag at all). I have noticed that it often relaxes me when I'm stuck on something, which I would say is a benefit.

But I wouldn't use it if I were looking to focus on a specific motor skill, etc. I don't think it's great for that. I think it's great for relaxing the mind, cutting through creative barriers, etc. when writing, etc. Things that don't require targeted mental focus and rely more on free association, etc.

To that end, I find it beneficial when I'm working on lyrics, mostly. I find it often leads me into places, lyrically, that I wouldn't have gone without it, and "in the morning" when I review what I've written, I'm very happy with it.

Biggest problem -- it wreaks havoc with my short term memory. As in, what was that chord I just played? So if I use it when writing, I have to leave a recorder running in case I write the next Hallelujiah and don't remember what I played...

I wouldn't leave the house while high, nor would I do any professional recording, collaborating, performing (or driving, or operating equipment or cutting anything...), but when alone and practicing/writing, well, I'm pretty sure JD wrote Rocky Mountain High while, you know, high. So I'm good with it.

PS -- Apologies if this is disjointed. It is not because I'm high, it's because I'm stressed out...

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."