View post (How many times should I practice a song?)

View thread

jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
03/14/2019 5:45 am
Originally Posted by: danielgeorge868

I learned piano and now I want to learn guitar also. Can someone please tell how should I start and how much time will it take to learn guitar?

It takes a lifetime. I've played some 35 years now, and still learning new things all the time.

Seriously. It is dependent what is the goal you're aiming. For "good enough" campfire style accompaniment using open chords, it will take from a few weeks to some months. We all learn at the different pace. It also affects how much practice time you have. Learning guitar is mostly gaining a muscle memory by constant repedition. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to advance too hastily, anyway.

[br]The is a lesson path(s) here in GuitarTricks. Click Beginner Lessons on the front page, and from Core Learning System select Guitar Fundamentials 1. That is the main beginner lesson path, together with Fundamentals 2.

There is also links to beginner level song lessons and Practice for beginners at the bottom of Beginner lessons page.

And be active in the forum. GuitarTricks instructors are active here, they are answering questions and giving tips. Also we GT students are eagar to share our own experiences and knowledge.