View post (Thinking about quitting)

View thread

jmpilo
Full Access
jmpilo
Full Access
05/05/2019 10:42 pm

Hi Amy,

The last gig I played was way back in 1979. I haven’t picked up my guitar until just recently. Honestly at this point I can hardly put together (3) chords. I sound terrible and am back to beginner level.

So here’s the thing. Maybe you should try and look at in another way. For me it’s not about the end goal. Sounding great, playing in a band again or even just sitting on the sofa strumming a tune if front of family & friends.

For me it’s all about the passion. I play terribly. So what! I focus on the pleasure I get from picking up my instrument. I just enjoy it no matter how bad I play.

Just let yourself go. Focus on the fun, pleasure, passion of doing the best you can at that moment. If I focused on the end goal it’d be so daunting, frustrating I too would take making music out of my life.

Sorry for such a long note. I’m hoping you stick with it. But in the end its all about you. If there is no pleasure in picking up the guitar....I’d know how you feel because I’ve regretfully been there.

Joe