View post (Tips on Improvisation?)

View thread

sameFeathered
sameFeathered
05/19/2019 5:11 pm

That actually sounds very logical!![br][br] I guess no one will actually play something they're unsure whether it'll sound nice when improvising on stage... So despite being called improvisation its actually more like series of licks, melodies and scales that the person is already very very confident that it will sound great when combined...[br] (I'm always amazed when people play very cheesy flawless solo that sound like it is fresh out of studio recording, and they'll tell you that was improvised!)[br][br]Its true, most of the time I don't "feel" when improvising more like experimenting what sounds good together, at least I'm not at that level to feel yet. [br][br]Sometimes some licks are way too fast for me to actually catch what technique or notes are played even by slowing down the speed.

My goal actually is to be able to improvise very smooth sounding solo, which I assume will take quite a while to master.

Once again, Thanks for all the help in answering my questions, I'm really understanding so much better now!!! Is there anyway/anywhere I can consult you again?