View post (Do you take liberties (learning new songs)?)

View thread

jreyn1
jreyn1
07/09/2019 1:54 pm

😂 lol…I’m a 56 year old guitarist and have been playing since the age of 12, I have learned many many songs over the past 40 some odd years and some completely exact like the original recordings and some, well… let’s say with my own little twist or style. Growing up as a teenager in the 70’s (high school class of 1980) I actually had to google the song title to hear exactly what song you’re referring to. I do remember this song I just was unaware of the title and name of the band but I do remember the tune after listening to it and there are two guitar players a bassist and keyboardist with the drummer and back up vocalist and lead vocals who also plays guitar so there is no way to get this song to sound exactly like the recording by yourself with just one acoustic or even just an electric guitar for that matter. My advice to you would be to just learn the chords and the basic strumming rhythm pattern and do the best you can and have fun, it’s never going to sound exactly like the recording and there’s no sense of beating yourself up to try to do something that’s impossible to do by yourself just have fun and move onto the next song, that’s What playing the guitar is all about, Having fun.