View post (Have fun kids)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
07/05/2019 7:07 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcatWhich drum kit? [/quote]

[br]So, like, I've been playing drums for the church for a couple of years. I find out that I'm actually pretty good at playing drums. For the sake of full disclosure; I was always an awesome air drummer. In a way, literally so. I was playing things correctly as an air drummer. Just not actually hitting anything. As my drummer friend once said; it's different when you actually have to hit them. True. But it came quickly enough.

[br]So, I'm ordering some electronic drums. I don't want to get all the acoustic drum racket so I'm looking at E-Drums. I noted that with all the Amazon giftcards I have from various things added up to about $800 so I can pretty much do that for free!

[br][quote=manXcat]"Just wait until my drum kit arrives!" is a standing GAS joke between my wife and myself which seldom fails to evoke the desired reaction.

[p]

[br]But then there's this:

[br]Guys, I have a problem. It's guitars. Only a couple of month's ago did I get the Gretsch Jet. I joked, but meant it, that it would be my last guitar...always adding the joke > this year.

[br]For my birthday, my wife was lamenting that she didn't do much for me (not true). So I joked. "Well, there's that Telecaster is was pining for...'

[br]Making my mouth go all slack when she replies, "Why don't you?'

[br]What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[br]Including my bass, I already have nine pretty darned nice guitars (though one is in parts) and a number hardware updates I'm going to do only my 'old' guitars.

[br]At least I apply a logic to my buys, it is purpose driven. There shouldn't be a guitar buy 'because'. I have one Les Paul, I don't want another. That kinda things.

[br]Still....I remember in the 80's when it was hard enough to afford one! Now that I'm 54 and the fingers ain't what they used to be...I have a stupid collection!

[br]Thought I'd share.