View post (Have fun kids)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
07/08/2019 2:48 pm
Originally Posted by: William MG I think they call it butterscotch? [/quote]

Yep, butterscotch. I've never had a maple fretboard guitar out of preference but I wanted a classic Tele. So, butterscotch.

Originally Posted by: William MG Let us know what you go with. [/quote]

Eventually it will be both. Like my wife said; "You mull it over for a long time. You always do and then eventually you'll end up buying (fill in the blank)." I'll use the Amazon cards for the drums and buy the Tele outright.

Originally Posted by: manXcat Perhaps in a couple of years once my current medium term guitar goals are realised.

[br]

Good plan. Staying focused is probably a good thing. You've seen me mention it a million times here in GT but I've been playing a good long time. Though always learning, I'm finding that the music in my head needs to starting coming out. The problem I have is that no drum program (ie - EZ Dummer) quite suffices. Don't get me wrong, EZ Drummer is a great product but never gives me the groove I seek. By playing at least weekly for the last couple of years, I now know that I can actually fall in to the very grooves I'm looking for.

[quote=manXcat] I have reached the phase where I've decided upon a future general policy of 'one in, one out', primarily due to being sensible about maintenance vs frequency of use, and storage, including space. I'm not a collector per se.

I am collecting as a matter of what tools I have at my disposal. I mean, if it were just about playing guitar, I'd only need one guitar if maybe two (ie - the Les Paul and Strat would be sufficient). I want a variety of tone sources for tools.

To what end? I suppose recording stuff no one will ever hear but I have an idea of the quality of music in my head and, well, I want to be able to execute what I have goin' on in there.

Crazy? Perhaps....

[quote=manXcat] Especially the Suzuki RG500. ....another standing joke between us since she came home to find it parked in the garage one day all those years ago.... "borrowed from xxxxx for a few days for an extended test ride".

Nice. It's like it magically appeared.....

-------

And just for the heck of it, here's a good portion of the family. Missing are the FAender Acoustic, Ibanez bass and the disassembled 80's Kramer. Oh, I do also have a manolin (and I'm not even including my wife's Baby Taylor!).