View post (AC/MO !)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/26/2019 11:27 am

Thanks - so glad you're digging the lessons!! And I am 100% with you on getting more songs (both AC/DC and STP) but as you know GT has to get publisher approvals for everything which is a difficult process. I encourage you to keep leaving your requests on the Song Request Forum and hopefully there's enough interest for GT to secure more great tunes!!

Cheers and thank you for your 10 years of membership!!!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: rickymurphy

Haha lol Mike, now that is a fantastic story!!! I tried to find it on YouTube, but I didn't find any footage of it.

Thanks for the lessons, it was GREAT to find 3 ACDC songs added. As a great fan of ACDC, I think they are the best tuition material to be found worldwide. I am thinking especially on the outro licks for example of Hells Bells and the fact that every song is played through, and that every detail is explained in full and at a slow pace.

I do find it a pity that the most known songs like Highway To Hell and Back In Black are covered, just because of the fact that these very known songs to a wider audience are covered by many other sources.

May I live with the hope that other ACDC songs like High Voltage, Bad Boy Boogie, Riff Raff, Problem Child could also get a tutorial in the future, Mike?

I do fear for this, as when I look at the Stone Temple Pilots songs, I notice there are many covered, but the ones I especially look out for (like Sex Type Thing and Dead And Bloated) don't seem to make it no more to a tutorial.

Having said all this, I am now about ten years a member, and this site is just getting better and better!

Thanks !!!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach