View post (My first whinge post)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
08/03/2019 5:47 am

I have to say GT decison makers, I'm kinda' disappointed -understatement- by the dearth of material of historically significant bands which should be much better represented on a site like GT. And I'm not alone noting similar comments accompanied by reports of their experiences with the past and current song request process as iterated by other long term subscribers.

So you'll have to pardon them, me, us for being skeptical about the song submission form being anything but an apparent PR deflection exercise.

More to the point quite specifically in this instance, where is all the Led Zeppelin material? One of the greatest rock bands of all time by any standard and of such significance to what was to follow in the 1970s and thereafter, yet there are just two bluesy style Led Zepp song lessons by Tom Finch - thanks Tom I always enjoy your presentations, from a catalogue where at least three of their signature tunes recognisable by anyone who wasn't below ground and not breathing in '69 ~ '70 couldn't not have been aware of should have long been included in the GT lessons?!!!

I find myself constantly having to go elsewhere to find lessons which I want [u]which really should be here[/u]. How about some lessons both of this calibre and signature tune significance as alluded to in my previous paragraph. Led Zepps "Heartbreaker" (oops..well I'm sure you'll enjoy Alyona as much as I do = ), "Immigrant Song" and of course, "Whole Lotta' Love" (rhythm & solo) should be as bread and butter here as Eagles' "Hotel California" is, although I'm astonished Lyin' Eyes and numerous of their other mega hits are just as notably absent. And nothing, absolutely nothing by Free! What the?!!! Coming up on my 18th month sub to GT now, I really love learning with GT, want to and intend to continue to remain a roll over annual sub, but, ...............but really, .......c'mon. o.O

Re the copyright negotiation or same taking ad infinitum rationalisations I repeatedly read fielded in answer to "when will my song request be actioned" inquiry here on numerous occasions. Yet Andy's Shutup & Play, Shane Simpson and others seem to manage legitimately on what would be far lesser budgets in the same litigious world where YT will block, remove or demonitise in a heartbeat.

Just sayin'.