View post (My first whinge post)

View thread

fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
08/06/2019 4:38 pm
Originally Posted by: William MG

I have been watching this wondering how GT would respond to the question fuzz as I am genuniely curious about this. But to date there has been nothing.

I realize you both support the site, as do I, but in my opinion there is a reasonable question being asked by a [u]paying customer[/u] in a respectful (perhaps wordy) way and out of respect for that customer and the business relationship that exists, there should be an effort put forward by GT to address it.

I absolutely agree with you that a paying customer asking a question in a polite manner desrves a reply from GT. I think we all know that the best route to obtaining a reply to any questions to do with the site would be a private email to customer services rather than a post on a public forum that can easily be overlooked.

I have noticed a pattern on this forum of complaints regarding the songs and I think GT is fighting a losing battle to try to please everyone as there are so many members it's just not possible. I remember in the old song requests section of the forum a lot of people requesting The Beatles or Led Zeppelin songs, both bands who I personally have no interest in at all so more songs by them or any artist can only please so many. And using Led Zeppelin as an example I'm pretty sure Jimmy Page owns the rights to the Zeppelin cataouloug so he can set any licencing terms he likes on those songs which could make it unattainable or unaffordable for some sites.

Having friends who work or have worked in the music and film industry I understand how difficult obtaining a song licence can be and some companies are more difficult to deal with than others, there are also differences in just obtaining a licence for a video lesson to having one for video, tab and lyrics and these are all points that have to be considered when trying to obtain a song licence.