View post (Practice Schedule for beginners)

View thread

JustaChord
JustaChord
09/10/2019 3:12 am

In my opinion, beginners need a structured practice routine that provides what to practice, recommended practice patterns to follow and something to measure their progress that shows learning gain.- similar to a pre/post test that measures that knowledge. I believe achieving successful skill building encourages new learners like myself to work towards a goal.

Printable PDF forms would create a foundation for this learning process.

The forms could be PDF fillable to store and print later.

The videos are helpful but learning still comes down to the learner performing those skills.

Some examples are:

chords practice exercises or exercises on chord changing with coaching notations.

People learn in different ways. Some are fortunate to have musical intelligence to acquire these skills faster than others, however there are some, like me, who benefit from structured guidance and direction along the way.

How many just give up because they feel lost in the process? All goals must be attainable and measurable to achieve success.

Some of the videos take too long to get to the learning process itself. Consider combining these lectures into one pep talk episode then get to the learning process and practice routine.

Provide a printable exercise after each lesson for what the lesson will accomplish. This provides a tangible reference to use when off line.

I welcome feedback from GT admin on this topic and feature.