View post (How to find small fills or riffs over chords?)

View thread

bouncee
bouncee
01/31/2020 1:59 pm

EDIT: Sorry I didn't remember to refresh page before posting, so I didn't read your answer before actually posting. Thank you for taking the time to anwser me. Much obliged and I will start working on that immidiatly. Verry nice to see I by pure luck stumbled onto the same thing you suggested in your post. Next time maybe I will try a little more googling and youtube before posting a question. Thx again for taking the time and thanks for pointing me to the appropriate guitartricks library. I got my weekend planned now :D

Btw I didn't even know there where different scales *blushing firesly* Will look into that other scales you mention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Came across triads today. Triads seems more like what I am actually looking for. I guess riffs are more of a contstruction that requires some sort of creative mind.

Triads seems like I can learn and memorize the shapes and just replace some chords in the progression with a triad shape. And from what I understand now, I can use triads and inversions at will or whenever I feel I get "enough time" between chord changes to venture into new terrirorry.

Here is the video I found today. Do you think triads can help me rhythm playing be less monotone?

I am still stuck regarding what pentatonic scale to experiment with for these chords.

Btw, is there a way to embed the video onto the page for viewing directly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O09gzk-UfiU