View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/09/2020 9:16 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x
Originally Posted by: William MG

Yes, I am really enjoying it Fuzz. When I do run a pedal, I run my Boss Blues Driver more than any other. I haven't biased it and although I read online that Fender tends to set the bias a bit on the cold side to provide longer life to the tubes, I don't think I will touch it. Maybe after a few months of playing, but for now I am happy with it as is. If I do anything, it would be only to get a bench mark read on what the bias is now.

You will have to give us details on potential mods to your Jet.

The Jet City amp I have I'll be doing a couple of things to, I've bought a choke to install in it, I'll also be changing the plate load resistors to some higher quality ones. Both of those mods should make it perform quieter at high volumes and if needed I may cut the traces on the PCB that supply the filament heater voltage and install wires twisted in a hum cancelling method, so a few things to do to it when I get a spare day but I think it will be well worth doing.

You're over my head here but that's ok. This is how we learn. I'd be interested in what a choke does and what a plate resistor is and does.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!