View post (New to lead guitar and pedals)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
02/12/2020 7:10 pm
Originally Posted by: jimlufc

After spending many hours watching hundreds of videos on YouTube about the helix I think I know less than before 😂😂 From what I can tell I have 2 options if I want sound on stage. Firstly to use an amp but obviously not be able to use the amp feature on the pedal and just use the effect on there. Secondly I could get some like a Line 6 Powercab and use everything the pedal can do. How well do things like this actually work as a "guitar amp?" Can you use nice feedback and things like that like you would with a normal amp? Sorry for all the questions by the way!!

Don't be sorry about the questions. I've been at this guitar learning for several years now and know only a very little more than you. Very little more. That is the purpose of these forums.

During the spending many hours watching hundreds of videos on YouTube did you include this one? It is about the Helix not the POD HD 500X but I still think addresses some of what I think are your concerns. And btw, the POD 500X is significantly less than the Helix. Some will argue it is not nearly as powerful as the Helix and they are probably correct. But for where you are at getting to learn to develop your tone the 500X may very well serve you fine.

Should You Buy A Line 6 Helix?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzfQ4ZN0jE

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45