View post (New to lead guitar and pedals)

View thread

Herman10
Herman10
02/13/2020 12:29 am

I've been reading your posts again and honestly, these machines we were talking about have quit a steep learning curve, not ideal if you have only worked with one pedal so far. Maybe you should get some more pedals and look to some of the lessons in Rock 2 I think from Anders about what all these pedals do. I went from pedals to a Boss GT5, then a Digitech RP1 ( which was incredibly complicated to work with ), then the Line 6 Floor POD XT live and when that crashed in the middle of a gig and getting unbelievable support from Line 6 service center ( support you will never get from Boss or Digitech ( last one broke down, took it to the store for repair and didn't see it any more for 4 months and beside still not working it had a big dent on the side from transport )) I bought the POD HD500X ( the Helix wasn't out yet ) which serves me already for 4 years without a hassle but as you can see I went up gradually from small and easy to more complicated things.

So what you are asking here is difficult to explaine if you don't have the machine with you to experiment with, go to a dealer and ask them to demonstrate it for you.

BTW; the Helix costs about the triple from the POD HD500X, if you are on a budget?