View post (My wife thinks I have officially lost it)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
02/20/2020 10:19 pm

Had a look yesterday William MG. During my search, spotted the Guitar Center promo at USD$599 on that specific model. Gibson field a zillion different Jnr. config and colour models. That one with its double P90 config is on closeout. SRP of USD$999, typical 'street' r/etail for that model had been less, but $599 NEW in relative earnings terms is a tasty bargain. Very sweet.

As jeffS65 said, paraphrased, "once its gone, it's gone". More luck to him, he chanced upon the opportunity to buy a guitar he intimated at Xmas was on his GAS lust list at a bargain price. I had the luck to score the same with my most recent couple of end of model stock remaindering (US -closeout) amp purchases, although chancing upon the tube minutes after the deal posted and acting quickly was what landed that fish. Their entire Blonde stock sold (all the AU distro had) out in 20 minutes. It's a satisfying feeling, emotionally, and to the GAS budget balance.

If it makes you feel any less the downtrodden hoi polloi up there in Canada at its CN$ price, have pity for the insane price anyone stupid enough to buy Gibson in the antipodes must typically pay.

[br]This is average lower street for that guitar here. o.O !!!!!!

Fortunately so many alternatives abound in 2020, for those of us in ROW refusing to be gouged by Fender or Gibson [u]Corporations[/u], there's just no need to fund CEO bonuses unless brand bias blind.

Oh for the days when Made in Japan was no longer a synonym for junk, but the JP¥ still was when I scored my first Ibanez lawsuit SG.