View post (Anniversary ..Oh yeah BABE!)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
02/24/2020 6:46 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Thanks JeffS65. Me too! Should be here later this week fingers crossed.

The Fender Champion 100 has the [u]auto[/u]-wah effect function, individually selectable and available from the FX selection on both clean and dirty channels.

The Behringer Hellbabe, albeit switchless optical rather than mechanical, is a conventional foot operated manual Wah pedal with user control over variables. Another learning curve to achieve musicality, but fun to play with in the interim. Yet another 'beginning'. The fun in the challenge never ceases!

I trust you're treading a enjoyment and discovery path with your new Gibson Special Tribute DC. What a bargain! Envious in the most flattering sense. They street here for AUD$1600.

Different DC vs SC shape but both essentially same config scale length, double P90s and wraparound bridge, Shane raves about his SC Special Tribute. However, it too streets everyday for under USD$1k in the US from Sweetwater. In AU it's an insane AU$2500+ best av. street with a ....wait for the howling laughter, Gibson local distro price gouge RRP of a whopping AUD$3300!!!

Still enjoying the LP DC!!!!!!!!

Learning wah is an art. Evendown to which foot seem more natural. Originally I started with my right foot just assuming that this made sense but learned that my left was better. Seems I needed that leftside synchronicity. Once you get the handle on it, it's pretty fun. I've pretty much had a wah most always during my years of playing. Even if I don't always use it, I like having it around. Makes a nice punch when you want to hit that note.

I have to say when I've used auto-wah stuff like in Amp Sims, I don't see the point for me. It ended up be a tone version of a tremolo. So those always collect 'digital dust'.