View post (Frustration after 8 weeks practicing Em, C, D, G)

View thread

dougreuter
dougreuter
07/22/2020 4:07 pm

Sounds like me you just need a little success. The Em, C, D, G take a lot of time to get proficent enough. What I did was keep practicing those but then spend some time learning the "cheater method" I call it (sure it has a real name). I fooled many people in beliveing I was guitar player early on with this method.

Learn the following four chords by locking pinkie on string 1 fret 3 an middle on string 2 fret 3 then finger the rest of the cord(s) with same 2 fingers

Dsus4 (index string 3 fret 2)[br]Cadd9 (index 4,2,, middle 5,3) [br]Em7 (index 5,2 middle,4,3 )[br]G (index 5,2,, middle 6,3)

Find any song that uses these chord and strum it out..You be amazed how close it sounds. I was able to learn some songs and enjoy my guitar like this. I then started adding the Major varaitons learned from lessons. Whats also nice with this when you do learn all the other chords you will find when playing songs you can improvise and choose easier variations to progressions you are not fast at. Not only do you learn a 4 finger version of G when you do the 3 finger version of it can be like the C chord up 1 fret using you pinkie on the little e as you are used to using it and great from moving from a C chord..however D to G the 4 finger version is easier.

If I had to wait to beable to do the actual E G C Em without playing songs I would of probably quit and I didn't because I "cheated" :)