View post (Core learning system)

View thread

Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
06/17/2020 11:32 pm
Originally Posted by: faith83

Can I piggyback on this post as long as we're on the subject, and ask what the difference is between the Acoustic I/II taught by Anders and the one that's taught by Lisa? Why is the Anders one easily found on the main page in the screenshot you posted, and the Lisa one is difficult to find?

Hey Faith, Good question -- it looks like Lisa did some shorter courses called Acoustic Fingerpicking and Strumming back in 2008 and 2012. We like to update the courses over time and expand them with higher resolution cameras, etc. We've been steadily shooting and editing the Core Learning System courses (Blues, Rock, Country, Acoustic) for 12 years now, and we've even reshot some of them totally from scratch with new instructors. Country, Rock, and even Guitar Fundamentals were previously different instructors and material. So Lisa even replaced some other people's stuff. The best way to have the Core Learning System integrated and consistent was to have Anders do all of it. Maybe someday we'll redo them all in virtual reality, and I'll be editing them in a wheelchair! :)

Anyway, I don't *think* the Acoustic Level 1 and 2 were meant to "replace" the Lisa Acoustic Fingerpicking lessons in this case, because I don't think they were ever officially part of the Core Learning System. I think those were more of a self-contained thing back before there was an overall structure to the site.

PS Lisa is awesome and sometimes it's just a matter of who is available for certain projects, deadlines, travel, etc. It all kind of overlaps and people are working on different things at different times.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer