View post (I have questions (newbie questions))

View thread

trabuco
trabuco
07/07/2020 10:46 pm

Hi,

I noticed that GF2 starts with Electric Guitar... should I switch to Electric instead of Acoustic for the purpose of the lessons? Does it matter? Would I be in disadvantage if I continue with my acoustic Guitar?

I finished GF1 about a week ago and since then I've been working on practising (mastering) the skills I learned in GF1 and going thru/complete few songs from the song lists. I want to continue working on these skills while slowly transitioning into GF2 at my own pace; however, I want these practices to be efficient and I wonder if within this site (or if someone can point me to/advise to something else that have worked for them) there is a some kind of comprehensive training/practice guide and/or a schedule for this kind of thing. I never played Guitar (or any other musical instrument) since I started Guitar Tricks so not sure if this kind of approach works with Guitar the same way as it would work with sports. But I am looking something similar to below:

Every day (1-2 hrs) will include:

-Hand Dexterity

-Chord progression/changes

-Strumming

-GF2

I am looking for more details as to what kind of exercises should I do as part of the items listed above to make the most effective of it.

Thanks in advance.