View post (Just can't switch between chords)

View thread

chris512
Full Access
chris512
Full Access
07/15/2020 1:05 pm

Hi Ray,

The Toolbox link is on the left side of the homepage. You'll see the metronome in there. Lisa's lessons are great. My advice is to take small breaks from her lessons to work on other things, then come back. You'll be amazed how her basic concepts come together and click in your brain when you go off and apply them to something else. Pick a song to learn from the song section of GT and go do that for a couple days before coming back to your core lessons.

Learning an instrument requires your brain to wire things together while you're doing other things, then suddenly your chords become clean or your transitions become fluid. You still have to practice but actual improvement often times just sort of feels sudden as though you figured it out while sleeping. I've been a drummer for over 30 years and have noodled with guitar that entire time. This year I decided to get serious about guitar and my improvement experience is identical to my drumming experience. The biggest difference is the caliber of instructor talent available here to help and the community of GT members who will give you that nudge to keep going when you feel discouraged.

Good Luck!