View post (Elixir strings)

View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
09/21/2020 12:20 am

Really appreciate the info,will take it all into consideration. I've got a Yamaha FS800. I posted three pics., the one of the strings, was the Ernie Ball light gauge i loved the sound of, but as you see the B and E string they are alot higher than the other strings and it was 'tight' at the 1st/2nd fret and difficult for me to fret. I have posted a pic of the nut for you to see why they said it can't be lowered anymore, and handed my guitar right back to me. Yeah, i just can't adjust to the sound of these strings, and being a new musician i need more comfort and ease learning not more challenges with slippery strings. It cost me $20 for the Elixir and another $20 plus for changing them., so after said and done $40 plus taxes. But at the end of the day that doesn't matter. At the end of the day, i need easy play action for myself and i need a good sound. Believe it or not, i can't really even mute the strings now properly when practicing strumming patterns etc. I'm learning the song, and intro Tennessee Whiskey and when i pluck for the opening riff,some of the other strings sound out with these Elixir's..it's crazy. I'm from a smaller city in Ontario and music stores aren't an easy find, this place i mentioned is the 'big name' around here., but i certainly will try to seek someone else out.