View post (Elixir strings)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/25/2020 12:31 am
Originally Posted by: tammielyn.tsHere is some pics Christopher of the bridge and another recent pic of the Elixir strings at the nut again, i do see the lower strings are kind of sitting on top as well.[/quote]

Thanks. My earlier post doesn't have the edited pic I uploaded!

So the problem area I see is that shot of the high action. What fret is that a picture of?

[quote=tammielyn.ts]Which string brand would you recommend, the Ernie Ball Silk ones mentioned by a fellow GT guitarist or D'addarios?

I think you should try some guitars & ask what kind of strings are on them. There's no substitute for actually playing the strings yourself so you know what they will feel like.

I don't play acoustic guitar, but I'd think any standard phosphor bronze set of Ernie Ball, D'addarios, Martin, etc. Just avoid any special coating or style. Get standard strings.

Another thought here: it might be that the process of changing the strings altered the neck tension & you are getting too much bowing in the neck. Sometimes the truss rod needs to be adjusted to get lower action.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory