View post (Spend hours!! on finding (L) - Help appreciated!)

View thread

kecheng
kecheng
09/29/2020 9:18 pm
Originally Posted by: Sasha-B

I always start out practice with "spider legs" in order to warm up and stretch the fingers. I then run through the scales and pick a random song to read and play to reinforce reading/playing music.

After that (which takes about 5-10 minutes), I either (a) work through a GT lesson or I work on a song that pushes me. I am currently working on Yes' song "Roundabout." It is challenging, but I am enjoying the journey learning it.

I'm also trying to learn Dave Matthews' song: "stream" which is all instrumental and John Prine's "Angel from MOntogomery."

Songs I have learned include: The Beatles, "Blackbird," The Indigo Girls "Closer to FIne," SImon & Garfunkel's "Sound of SIlence," and Bonnie Raitt's "Thing called Love."

I end practice with a backing track of drums and rhythm guitar and just play over it-improv style. Just because it is fun.

How about you?

[/quote]

[quote=Sasha-B]

I always start out practice with "spider legs" in order to warm up and stretch the fingers. I then run through the scales and pick a random song to read and play to reinforce reading/playing music.

[br]After that (which takes about 5-10 minutes), I either (a) work through a GT lesson or I work on a song that pushes me. I am currently working on Yes' song "Roundabout." It is challenging, but I am enjoying the journey learning it.

[br]I'm also trying to learn Dave Matthews' song: "stream" which is all instrumental and John Prine's "Angel from MOntogomery."

[br]Songs I have learned include: The Beatles, "Blackbird," The Indigo Girls "Closer to FIne," SImon & Garfunkel's "Sound of SIlence," and Bonnie Raitt's "Thing called Love."

[br]I end practice with a backing track of drums and rhythm guitar and just play over it-improv style. Just because it is fun.

[br]How about you?

[br]

[p]

I practice the following at least: spider legs , crazy chromatic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TdEszM1u0), pentatonic, a major scale, open chords, hammer ons , pulls offs, slides, alternate picking, double stops en hammer ons while doing so(very hard for me atm). All at least a couple times a day. And also some freestyle on the penta.

[br]Must admin I know only sound of silence and the Beatles. But from what I can hear (checked them on Youtube) there are defenetly some challenging one's. Do you have an end goal (not really an end goal, but let's say : Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing). For how long have you been playing guitar?

I learned: Porcupine Tree - Shesmovedon, John Lennon - Imagine, Pink Floyd - wish you were here, and some riffs from Nirvana, part of Metallica - nothing else matters and enter sandman, sunshine of your love.

Trying to learn: buckethead - southsayer (intro goes pretty ok now), animals - rising sun, game of thrones theme.