View post (Trying to get the Bo Diddley sound)

View thread

joesize
Full Access
joesize
Full Access
11/09/2020 3:06 am

Thanks, JeffS65, for the info. I had heard somewhere a few years back that the volume on the guitar should always be turned all the way up, so as to get all of the guitar’s potential. I think it was from Scott Grove on one of his Youtube videos. I don’t always do it, though, and I just saw your post, and watched the video through a couple of times. Those guys have an incredible knowledge. I haven’t bought the tremolo pedal yet, because another GT member loaned me a processor to play around with. It’s an older POD xt Live, and I’m going to see in the manual if I can get Delay and Tremolo from it, and just use the spring reverb in my amp. There are also some preset downloads available for the Bo Diddley sounds for the processor, that I guess somebody figured out and posted on the internet. I am going to try to check those out, too. All this should be fun to explore, but with all that, it’s going to hard to master the rhythm to be able to play the Bo Diddley stuff right. You mentioned pickups. I think they are Humbuckers. I bought the guitar new in 1967. It’s a Trini Lopez model. The sound holes are diamond instead of the usual f shape.