View post (Hello from Sunderland England)

View thread

AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
09/28/2023 12:43 pm
#8 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

I’ve done both of Lisa’s fundamentals and went through again when Anders did a new version. Followed the acoustic progress. Looked at country and blues. I did look at the Rock lessons but was put off by having to rejig the style of chords to be used. I’ve learned some of the CAGED patterns for the major scales , minor pentatonic and the blues scales. Started local lessons as I felt I was getting bogged down in the technical parts but still couldn’t play a song. Watched most of Mike Olekshy workshops on YouTube channel, picking up bits and pieces as we went through. Have followed a few of his easier song lessons. House of the Rising Sun. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect was a good one to follow on acoustic. Most of the usual easy beginner recommendations. Everything is gradually improving but I would still class myself as beginner, maybe just in to Intermediate. Main thing is that I finally started in my sixties during Covid and have stayed with it. Always eyed the guitar magazines in the supermarkets but chased the urge away as a probable fad. Like many things, what if I had started earlier. Never mind, having my fun now. Good Parlour, now a good OM, classical and Epiphone Les Paul through a Fender LT25 modelling amp. Full on Got the gear, No idea. All fun and getting better bit by bit and understanding so much more

Hi Dave, good to hear. You have some good equipment too. I play a fender Stratocaster and a epiphone les Paul through a 10watt marshall I own a boss me80 for effects. Yeah local lessons may be the answer as you can get better advice from a person than a video. He will also pick up on where you might be going wrong sometimes.

I've just paid GT for a lesson plan you get an email with a questionnaire and once you've sent that off you wait upto 5 days for your plan so just waiting for that . There's so many lessons on GT just focusing on what I need to do may be the best Idea.