View post (Where to learn more theory?)

View thread

dimi.chevalier
dimi.chevalier
11/28/2020 7:57 pm

Thank you very much Christopher! I find your lessons to be very informative so far. Just had a huge revelation in your lesson on inversions :)

Forgive me for being a little frustrated the other day, I'm new to this site so it is kind of hard finding my way around here.

I had no clue there were more lessons on the blues in general. Over the last weeks I have been able to build some licks with the things I have learned and just by trying things out in the minor blues scale. But they just sound so ordinary!

Guess I will take a step back from the main course for a while until I get better, because there is a gap to be filled moving from level 1 into level 2.

For example: I hear Mr Andersen resolve to the fifth in his solos (I looked it up on the internet) but I have only learned resolving to the root of the I chord so far. Or when you change to the IV chord I've heard there are other things you can do than just play the same licks from the minor pentatonic scale you used on the I chord.

Hopefully your lessons can fill me in on these concepts.

I would rather focus on these things first with some slow blues so I can make sure I use the right technique and learn more about soloing at the same time.

Unfortunately, I have noticed you can develop bad habits from trying to play too fast because I had to fix mine when I started out with my acoustic guitar.

( I tried to play Neil Young - old man

in sixteenth notes, which was a stupid thing to do as a complete beginner)

So I want to avoid that, but it's really hard keeping up with the tempo in blues level two, especially when I try to play in full triplets.

In my humble opinion your lessons should be included to the main blues program. That would make it a lot easier to navigate and they are really helpful as well.

Anyways, hopefully you have a great day.

Cheers from Hungary