View post (Good Mic...)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
07/09/2003 1:53 pm
Yeah Shure's KSM series is amazing. I got the KSM32 and when I first got it I was shocked when I was sitting in my room and it was picking up cars going by about 50 yards outside my house. AKG's are actually not that bad either, probably my second favorite. If you into buying a drum mic kit, AKG's is better than shures. Especially the bass drum mic, it's the best out there. Shure's Bass mic has a tendency of picking up too much low end and not much of anything else. AKG's picks up a smooth freguency responce and is more than sturdy enough to handle the low-end with even more clarity than shure's. Audio-technics are ok, but they tend to clip first if there pushed to hard. With vocals that's a problem cause it's a headache when it comes to dynamics. Sennheiser only makes one good mic and that's the 421, which is actually more versatile and better than the Shure's SM57, but way more expensive. And if your rich get a Neumann, they're probably the best mics on the market today. Every other brand name of mics isn't worth putting any money into.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.