View post (getting famous)

View thread

nasum_human
nasum_human
09/22/2003 8:56 pm
this is such a cool thread.
To me, fame is living forever, you know, having someone put on your album in 50 years time and going 'wow!' like I am these days when I listen to hendrix or BB king.
I would like to be famous, I would like to be recognised as a musician and a songwriter, I believe in equal measure, I read so many extremely capable guitarists who say they dont put huge shredding solos in their music because it doesnt fit the song, my view, is if you're a good enough musician and composer, you can make anything fit into a song and make it great.
For years and years I've been into rock and metal music, trying to find those bands that just have that perfect balance between great songwriting and great musicianship.
I used to practice 5 hours a day trying to get as good as I possibly could, the instrument can be used for anything and I want to use it to the very most of my ability, yet still have people say they enjoy the whole song.
I would like to release an album or five in the future, I believe I have the songs that people can appreciate and relate to.
I'm currently at the very beginning of forming a band and I have high hopes, I dont dream of making it rich or playing in front of adoring thousands, I'd like to just be happy knowing that there are some people out there who feel the same about my music as I do.
If you want to know the bad sides of fame, read Henry Rollins' book 'get in the van' he talks about being a nobody, suddenly fronting one of the more popular bands on the hardcore scene, he talks about people threatening him, not wanting to sign autographs and being misunderstood. He explains fame has many downsides and that all he wanted to do was play music with Black Flag.
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)