View post (Great Musicians)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
09/23/2003 4:22 am
My greatest musicians are sort of dated. The most naturally gifted musician of all time has got to W.A. Mozart. Expecting something alittle more recent? Yeah well that's too bad. :D J/K Beethoven also was a great musician. Ok, some more recent fellows. Charlie Parker was an amazing musician, amongst many others during that era. Jimi Hendrix is still one of the most gifted musicians on the guitar. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Bob Dylan among the best songwriters. Of course Schubert, the godfather of songwriting. Now for someone you don't know of so you may be interested in something new to check out. That would be 'ME' of course!! 'LOL' ...yeah I got nothing.

As for right hand technique, you can always improve. The beauty of guitar is you NEVER know it all, and there's always infinite room for improvement. You can try writing out some random weird rhythms in odd time signatures with alot of quick rests. Even devise different patterns of strumming. Try simultaneuosly picking strings with your pick and your other free fingers, sort of like classical guitar but with a pick. I'm sure you can think up ways to challenge yourself.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.