What's your favorite guitar riff or solo ringtone?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > What's your favorite guitar riff or solo ringtone?

jimdkc

I've decided to change my iPhone ringtone from the "Old Phone" sound I've been using and thought, "What would be better than a great guitar riff or solo as a ringtone?". iTunes and Garageband make it pretty easy to create a ringtone from songs in your iTunes library.

I'm looking for loud, distinctive, and attention grabbing.

I've thought of a few:

Joe Walsh, "Life's Been Good to Me So Far"
Eric Clapton, "Layla"
Jimi Hendrix, "Purple Haze"
Led Zeppelin, "Whole Lotta Love"

Right now, I'm leaning towards Joe Walsh or Zeppelin...

Anybody else have any ideas?

Jim

I've decided to change my iPhone ringtone from the "Old Phone" sound I've been using and thought, "What would be better than a great guitar riff or solo as a ringtone?". iTunes and Garageband make it pretty easy to create a ringtone from songs in your iTunes library.

I'm looking for loud, distinctive, and attention grabbing.

I've thought of a few:

Joe Walsh, "Life's Been Good to Me So Far"
Eric Clapton, "Layla"
Jimi Hendrix, "Purple Haze"
Led Zeppelin, "Whole Lotta Love"

Right now, I'm leaning towards Joe Walsh or Zeppelin...

Anybody else have any ideas?

Jim

Neal Walter

GuitarTricks Channel Host

I like the Walsh idea, how bout the intro to "White Room" - Clapton?
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/

I like the Walsh idea, how bout the intro to "White Room" - Clapton?
Neal
GT Channel Host
[/COLOR]
http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/

jimdkc

I like White Room... not sure about as a ringtone...

I'm a long-time Walsh fan... He's got lots of material that would be good for this use:

Walk Away
Funk #49
All Night Long

I like White Room... not sure about as a ringtone...

I'm a long-time Walsh fan... He's got lots of material that would be good for this use:

Walk Away
Funk #49
All Night Long

sahi

yes i like sweet home alabama by lynard skynard.

yes i like sweet home alabama by lynard skynard.

HotXRock

Deep Purple, "Smoke On The Water" - one of the most famous riffs, absolute classic
Black Sabbath, "Iron Man" - also very famous riff
Metallica, "Enter Sandman" - from the Black Album, which needs no introduction, I think :)

Deep Purple, "Smoke On The Water" - one of the most famous riffs, absolute classic
Black Sabbath, "Iron Man" - also very famous riff
Metallica, "Enter Sandman" - from the Black Album, which needs no introduction, I think :)

JonChorba

Cat Scratch Fever!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!

Cat Scratch Fever!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!

Jerry Dylan

ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man" or Led Zeppelin "Heartbraker"

ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man" or Led Zeppelin "Heartbraker"

jimdkc

My iPhone now plays the opening of Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl" when my wife calls!

Jim

My iPhone now plays the opening of Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl" when my wife calls!

Jim

rodrigonellaoxez

My heart will go on - Sung Ha Jung is my ringtone. I downloaded it at https://ring320kbps.com/

My heart will go on - Sung Ha Jung is my ringtone. I downloaded it at https://ring320kbps.com/

matonanjin2

Why don't you record yourself playing a riff and use that as a ringtone? That's what I did. It often starts a fun conversation when my phone rings around others.

right now mine is the intro lick to Layla. Which reminds me. I've had this lick for a while and need to record a new one.

Why don't you record yourself playing a riff and use that as a ringtone? That's what I did. It often starts a fun conversation when my phone rings around others.

right now mine is the intro lick to Layla. Which reminds me. I've had this lick for a while and need to record a new one.