Anniversary ..Oh yeah BABE!

manXcat
manXcat
02/20/2020 10:49 pm

Second anniversary of my Guitar Tricks subscription that is. Rolled over a couple of days ago.

Been having a lot of fun with auto-Wah on my Champion 100's FX channels of late, so in celebration of the occasion and achievement of objectives, Yeah BABE Yeah!

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/21/2020 12:12 am

Happy anniversary manX. New gear is the best gear!!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
Frizzy Totay
Frizzy Totay
02/21/2020 12:42 am

Happy anniversary!

I thought your link was going to be a video of you having fun with your auto-Wah. Ć°ÅøĖœÅ¾ Maybe next year?

# 3
manXcat
manXcat
02/21/2020 2:18 am

Thanks guys. Later perhaps Poundhound. It was only delivered on Tuesday.

Still coming to grips with all its setting variables, I'm currently in foot finesse Kindy playing with applying it with musicality[u].[/u] I like the optical 'mech'. I also like that there are lots of inexpensive 'how to' electrical mods for it on You Tube too for the adept. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and have all the necessary SMT soldering kit. For now, I'm very happy with how it sounds.

Acquisition was inspired by an acquaintance who was gifted one by his wife a short while ago, so when the occasion of my anniversary coincided with spotting a HB01 at a too good to resist opportunity buy price, GAS couldn't resist. Prices of this kind if gear in AU are much higher than in the US, so I like to extend my gear budget by buying when a favourable price opportuity presents.

I like Behringer kit. Solid reliable performance at sane price points.

P.S. I also bought a new guitar. First electric in over 12 months. I ordered it on Tuesday, but left the announcement so as not to steal from William MG office amp and Jeff65s' new guitar show 'n tell thunder.

It should be with me by mid-next week for a show & share the excitement pronouncement. It's a purchase I'd been mulling over on my 'scratch the itch' triage list for about a year. I would have preferred to have left the spend until mid-year after my recent amp purchases, but the brand along with another I favour have instituted massive across the board price increases within the past three months which have already flowed onto affect street r/etail, so I decided to act now regardless. That said, the plan is to discipline myself to single new guitar purchase this calendar year. This is it. I fits a tonal/type need. Mystery guitar reveal coming soon.

# 4
JeffS65
JeffS65
02/21/2020 3:10 pm

That auto-wah looks pretty darn cool. Definately look forward to seeing your new GAS score!

# 5
manXcat
manXcat
02/23/2020 10:19 pm

Thanks JeffS65. Me too! Should be here later this week fingers crossed.

The Fender Champion 100 has the [u]auto[/u]-wah effect function, individually selectable and available from the FX selection on both clean and dirty channels.

The Behringer Hellbabe, albeit switchless optical rather than mechanical, is a conventional foot operated manual Wah pedal with user control over variables. Another learning curve to achieve musicality, but fun to play with in the interim. Yet another 'beginning'. The fun in the challenge never ceases!

I trust you're treading a enjoyment and discovery path with your new Gibson Special Tribute DC. What a bargain! Envious in the most flattering sense. They street here for AUD$1600.

Different DC vs SC shape but both essentially same config scale length, double P90s and wraparound bridge, Shane raves about his SC Special Tribute. However, it too streets everyday for under USD$1k in the US from Sweetwater. In AU it's an insane AU$2500+ best av. street with a ....wait for the howling laughter, Gibson local distro price gouge RRP of a whopping AUD$3300!!!

# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
02/24/2020 6:46 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Thanks JeffS65. Me too! Should be here later this week fingers crossed.

The Fender Champion 100 has the [u]auto[/u]-wah effect function, individually selectable and available from the FX selection on both clean and dirty channels.

The Behringer Hellbabe, albeit switchless optical rather than mechanical, is a conventional foot operated manual Wah pedal with user control over variables. Another learning curve to achieve musicality, but fun to play with in the interim. Yet another 'beginning'. The fun in the challenge never ceases!

I trust you're treading a enjoyment and discovery path with your new Gibson Special Tribute DC. What a bargain! Envious in the most flattering sense. They street here for AUD$1600.

Different DC vs SC shape but both essentially same config scale length, double P90s and wraparound bridge, Shane raves about his SC Special Tribute. However, it too streets everyday for under USD$1k in the US from Sweetwater. In AU it's an insane AU$2500+ best av. street with a ....wait for the howling laughter, Gibson local distro price gouge RRP of a whopping AUD$3300!!!

Still enjoying the LP DC!!!!!!!!

Learning wah is an art. Evendown to which foot seem more natural. Originally I started with my right foot just assuming that this made sense but learned that my left was better. Seems I needed that leftside synchronicity. Once you get the handle on it, it's pretty fun. I've pretty much had a wah most always during my years of playing. Even if I don't always use it, I like having it around. Makes a nice punch when you want to hit that note.

I have to say when I've used auto-wah stuff like in Amp Sims, I don't see the point for me. It ended up be a tone version of a tremolo. So those always collect 'digital dust'.

# 7
manXcat
manXcat
02/25/2020 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65

Still enjoying the LP DC!!!!!!!![/quote][p]I should think so, and I'm glad to hear it.

Originally Posted by: JeffS65Learning wah is an art.

Ain't that the truth.

[quote=JeffS65]I have to say when I've used auto-wah stuff like in Amp Sims, I don't see the point for me. It ended up be a tone version of a tremolo. So those always collect 'digital dust'.

I comprehend that perspective.

My own perception of auto-Wah [u]so far[/u] is that other than as a play-thing, and you have to remember I'm still at the point where I've been at this game only long enough to still be like a kid discovering new games to play with the toys in his toybox, it's something to use practically as an effect in the studio with a looper or mixer and overdubbing. Regardless I was having such fun with it, it incited me to want to try and start down the learning curve coming to grips with the Wah pedal gradually with exposure hands on.

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.