inappropriate threads.

davebayer32
davebayer32
11/11/2020 6:03 pm

Is there a way to report inappropriate threads, mainly one’s with sexual content? I know that they eventually get deleted but some are up for serval hours. I’m sure there are students from all age groups the use these forums.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/11/2020 11:52 pm

Send a tipper to admin@guitartricks.com . Include the poster's user name, the title of the thread and the post number and the sub-forum where it's found.

I do this everytime I see an "inappropriate" post and the admin guys are very quick to respond and remove the crap. A couple weeks ago I got a confirming thank you with a date-time-group just three minutes after I sent my email.

I sent in two today. One of the offending posts was three or four hours old, the other more like ten or twelve. The problem with the spam and more offensive posts is that they're often posted late at night/early in the morning (U.S. time)... I presume there is no one from Guitar Tricks watching the forums then and I don't get to the forums myself until mid-morning, Mountain time. Those today were gone within 90 minutes after I sent the tippers.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
11/12/2020 12:32 am

I agree with you. There must be a way to avoid this. And like you said young ones using the site. I've actually never seen anything like this. Can this be avoided? Any ideas anyone? I for one never want to see this early in the morning again or at all. SMH

# 3
Herman10
Herman10
11/12/2020 12:53 am

I already posted a solution for this in an other thread but looks like GT admin doesn't look at that thread; if they would block new registerd users ( not the full access ones ) for a period of 2 days from posting in the forum then this would all be history, these people register and then post theire shit and unregister again because they don't want the email ( IP adress ) to be visual for to long to avoid tracing them down so they most certainly will not leave it here for 2 days or longer.

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/12/2020 5:33 pm
Originally Posted by: davebayer32

Is there a way to report inappropriate threads, mainly one’s with sexual content? I know that they eventually get deleted but some are up for serval hours. I’m sure there are students from all age groups the use these forums.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have removed the mentioned thread. Please reach out to admin@guitartricks.com whenever there is an innapropriate thread found. That is the quickest way to address the issue. We appreciate hearing from our forum members!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
11/13/2020 7:26 pm

That is the quickest way to address the issue. We appreciate hearing from our forum members!

It would be good to find a way to avoid it., maybe what the other member mentioned below., and if there is a way to block inappropriate content, many sites it can't be posted until after review., it would not take admin long bc it would be a quick glance to weed those inappropriate out.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.