IOS does not support downloads

pwhaake
pwhaake
04/10/2018 10:53 pm

Hi, first post here. I was excited about the feature of downloading lessons because we have crazy slow internet at our house and I can upload as needed at my office as needed on a Samsung Tab and bring it home for my son to take the lessons. Problem is, my fist attempt resulted in an error message that mirrors the title of this thread. This occured on both Chrome and Firefox and with multiple lessons. Ive tried exploring the forum and also google but with no luck. If i cant get this to work i wont be able to use this product and that would really bum me out. Thanks in advance.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/11/2018 5:29 pm

Hi pwhaake,

The mobile apps currently do not support downloads for offline playback. However, you can always log into Guitar Tricks on a laptop or desktop and download lessons that way.

Hope that helps!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
pwhaake
pwhaake
04/11/2018 5:49 pm

Thanks for the info. They are load g fine onto a memory stick, which I can bring home and play on a laptop (again, no streaming at the house). At this point, I'm going to try and explore transferring from memory stick to tablet, which I don't think or hope at least will be as difficult. I'm mainly going through all this trouble because it will be much easier for my son to use our tablet vs. The laptop.

# 3
pwhaake
pwhaake
04/12/2018 2:52 am

SOLVED!! (kind of)

In case anyone with the same problem stumbles on to this thread, I thought I'd at least share that I found one work around (to getting downloaded lessons to play on my son's Samsung tablet). Steps below that worked for me:

1) Download lesson using desktop pc to a memory stick

2) Copy lesson from memory stick to tablet. (See below)

3) Play lesson on tablet without needing internet. Wow-that was easy!

*When copying from my memory stick to the tablet, I was given a choice to convert from Mp4 to Wav file. I chose the recommended conversion and it took a while to convert just one lesson. Not going to work if you have a bunch of lessons you are moving. For the next lesson, I just copied it over and it turns out, the Samsung tablet I have (cheap) plays MP4. The remaining lessons were copied and pasted quickly and now my son is able to watch his lessons wherever he wants and on his tablet.

Hope this can help someone

# 4
jwfender
jwfender
09/15/2018 9:20 am

Thanks!

This helped me a lot.

The confusing thing was the error is: 'IOS does not support downloads' but as I'm not using IOS it did not make sense.

('Your OS does not support downloads from this site' would be more accurate! )

Thanks again

Jan

# 5
kpc1163
Full Access
kpc1163
Full Access
07/11/2019 3:40 am

Hi I just found this post and I suffer the same problem. I am trying to download from the website and I am recieving the same error message. I am not using the app.

ChefKev

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.